Thursday, January 28, 2010

Roasted Asparagus

Asparagus!  All around good for you!  Mixed with olive oil and lemon juice, this packs quite a healthy punch...and did I mention it's delicious?

Roasted asparagus:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with shelf on top rack.
Take desired amount of asparagus and wash.
Trim off woody ends and cut into 3 inch pieces.
Using vegetable peeler, peel stalks in "stripes", removing every other stripe of outer layer.
Toss with juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 T extra virgin olive oil.
Season with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
Spread in even layer on cookie sheet.
Place in oven and cook for 5 minutes.

Enjoy with your favorite main dish!! (This goes great with chicken or steak!)

1 comment:

  1. My sister keeps telling me how good roasted vegetable are done in the oven. I am going to have to try it.... It just seems like a pain because I have to cook separate for me. Hubs hates my food so he won't touch it.

    I don't remember if I told you or not.... but stop over and link your candida blog up here.
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2010/01/candida-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete